Friday, April 20, 2007

There are no words..

to express the sadness that I have felt this week. My eyes fill up with tears every time I think of those 32 people who were lost at Virginia Tech that day. There is also another part of me who feels very bad for the family of that mentally ill boy. As a parent it is so hard to believe that our children are not always safe at school. As a teacher, I want children to come and tell us when they are upset or going through turmoil. We need to step in when we see children bullying others or hurting each others feelings. I will never understand why we need to have guns in the first place. There is just too much sadness that sometimes I don't think I can handle it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sadness of this week is overwhelming! So much potential lost. All those teachers and students had so much to live for. I feel for both the families of the victims and the shooter, both have sooo much loss and grief in their lives. It is an event that will change our lives forever!!!!

Markelle