Monday, July 16, 2007

I can't believe Jordyn is going to be 5






My heart can just burst when I look over at Jordyn and see the beautiful girl she is becoming. She is funny, kind, goofy and just loves to laugh all the time. ( I'm not just saying that because I'm he Mom- although that helps, I'm sure) Jordyn will be 5 on Wednesday and we had a party the other day in honor of her birthday. I'll be honest whenever one of my children now has a special occasion, I start to get very sad about the children that are still in the orphanages. I start to think how it sucks that they are having a birthday and what if nobody sings to them or acknowledges it. I think about the long wait to adopt in China and in some other countries where that isn't even possible ( like Cambodia) and all the children that are just there and waiting for something good to happen.- Sorry to be so deep- I just can't help it sometimes.
Jordyn has discovered Junie B. Jones and webkins- she got some great gifts and loved every minute of her party.
Zoe- on another note loves learning how to swim, loves her big sister - JuJu and is a delight to be with- she has such a wonderful personality- Don't get me wrong, I am TIRED!! I often feel like a cook just taking orders as well as a mediator- but it is a lot of fun.
On another note- I have started to knit again -wait until you see the sweater I have made for Zoe- everyone will be amazed and talking about it. I may make news!!
The other night I took Zoe to the dentist ( where I was told both of our girls will need braces- nice- no super sweet sixteen here) Zoe screamed the whole time but came out to see Jordyn with a kiss and a hug and to show her, the new toothbrush she got- too cute!!

1 comment:

Paynes in China said...

Happy 5th Birthday Jordyn!!!
We hope you have a fabulous day!
Love
Sophie, Ileana & Chris