Sunday, June 17, 2007

FCC Weekend






I decided to take Jordyn on an FCC camp weekend. It was fantastic. The people who put it all together get a big kudos! It was awesome. There were plenty of activities for the children. They have camp all Saturday morning and they also have activities for the adults. Dr. Jane Aronson was there and spoke to us. I have heard her speak before, but I found her to be particularly interesting this time. I would guess it was because we spoke about issues we would deal with as the children get older and not really medical issues. They also had a panel from Also Known As ( older Korean adoptees) that was also very interesting.

Jordyn had a wonderful time and we shared a bunk with two really nice women and their daughters. The kids were able to take pony rides, do yoga, dance, Chinese brush painting, and other activities. My only wish was for electric in the bunk. I am really not a primadonna but a little light would have been a big help-also so Jordyn wouldn't have to sleep with me in my sleeping bag. I am definately going to go back next year and I think it is a wonderful thing for the kids to have a weekend like this. I also really just enjoyed being on a nice "nature" retreat with Jordyn. It's nice when there are no outside distractions- no tv, no phone, no computer.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I am so happy that you had a great time. I am so sorry that we had to miss it this year, but next we hope to go. Did they tell you the date of the weekend for next year? Em had a blast at her recital, but I wish we had gone camping too!! Talk to you soon!

Michele, Em and Alyssa
www.ourjourneytoalyssa.blogspot.com